Old 02-24-19, 06:29 AM
Fmtrx

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I had difficulties with both the cotter crank and the stem. With my tools the pin was impossible to be removed, and the stem is stuck, even the hammer would not do anything. I used a lot of WD40 and vinegar, i even turn the upside down so that i spill lots of oil and let it stay for two nights , and then i tried again. Still would not let go.

So i sent it to a bike shop near me and managed to remove the cotter pin using his big professional press along with his blowtorch:

Main frame ready to visit the paint shop

The stem is a much more difficult job, i am still waiting for the news. I suspect that he will have to cut the stem, so i already ordered a replacement stem.

In the meantime i am revisiting image editing software and my good old wacom. I got the stickers but they need some editing.

The problem with the stickers is that the scan produces an image that is severely distorted by these 3 factors:

1. The sticker itself as it was printed from the factory has lost some detail from the initial source that was used.
2. The decades have put some toll to the sticker, so the colors are distorted, and imperfections on the surface of the sticker are visible.
3. My scanner also distorts the sticker and some detail is lost when i get the TIFF image.

Fixing the colors, and making lines crisper. Right symbol is the initial image acquired by my scanner, left symbol is after my edit.

The lower part of the image is as acquired by my scanner, lines are not crisp, color is not vibrant and noise and random distortion is visible. The upper part is after my first edit.

The plan for this week is to arrange for the date for the paint job and clean more thoroughly some of the parts.

Last edited by Fmtrx; 02-24-19 at 12:03 PM.