View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 07:31 AM
Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 631 Posts
I find that nearly any food tastes good, provided that I'm hungry enough. Veggies and fruit don't taste good? You must not be hungry enough. Wait a few hours until they seem palatable. Once you get used to healthy foods, they're all you'll want. A cookie or soda will make you sick, which is as it should be.

What works for me is two large meals a day, I eat all I can hold, morning and evening. No snacking, and ESPECIALLY no food after 6:00 pm. No sodas, no alcohol. Not needed by the body. Don't eat 15 small meals a day or whatever, seems like every overweight person I know is on that stupid diet, grazing on countless small meals. Your food won't digest properly if you're constantly piling more food on top of old food that hasn't finished digesting yet. Fasting between meals is critical.

Food should be purchased only from the outside aisles of the supermarket. Produce, meat, dairy, and whole grain bread are all you need. Hell, brown rice alone you could probably live off, many people in the world do. Avoid processed foods from the middle of the supermarket entirely. Breakfast cereals, TV dinners, ice cream, cakes, sodas, cookies, you don't need any of that stuff, and it'll take decades off your life if you live off nothing but that crap. Just look at people whose shopping carts are full of that kind of food, and see what they will do to a person.

Not that there's anything WRONG with chronic illness, poor health, and early death, I simply choose to avoid them by eating only unprocessed foods. Save money too. YMMV.

Last edited by Lemond1985; 02-26-19 at 07:37 AM.