Old 02-26-19, 12:42 PM
fstrnu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Summary:
  1. Post to this thread with your goals, target events, etc. to get book end dates for each training phase (code word is to ask what training plans you should follow and in what order ; act like to you care and have thought about it, i.e. just say when your event is and save you've been thinking about doing sweet spot base mid volume following by general build or whatever it doesn't matter)
  2. Lay out your season as you are instructed, i.e work on endurance for the next 12 weeks and then LT for 8 weeks or whatever
  3. Substitute TR endurance workouts with steady state at a duration that will generate 5-10% drift and progress based on drift
  4. Base workout frequency on EF (no improvement means increase frequency) and drift (increasing = accumulating fatigue) will help with frequency
  5. If ready for Build (5-7% drift at target event duration or target max training duration) before Base is done then move on to Build
  6. If you're not ready for Build after 12 weeks or whatever then ask TR whether you should continue working on Base or move to Build (will be a compromise).
  7. For Build, use MSI for intensity which will also self-regulate progression ;
  8. For Build, use static interval structure, i.e. don't progress combined interval duration and remove arbitrary variation, i.e. translate to actual intervals, i.e. 3x12 MSI vs 1x12 at randomly varying power
  9. Stay in Build until Specialty start date which should be a hard date because short power shelf life and taper, etc.
  10. Do the same with Specialty as you do with Build but can follow simulation/Zwift-ish workouts more closely but don't turn brain off because MSI/RPE will help ensure adequate stimulus ; Also keep using EF/CD for frequency
  11. You can also experiment with balancing higher rate against more frequent rest weeks