View Single Post
Old 02-28-19, 07:27 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Wound up missing four training days last week. Two were scheduled and two related to being SoCal-ish and not wanting to ride when it was 35F. So last week turned into a rest week, and this week which was intended to be light going into a race on Sunday instead became fairly intense.

Strength workout on Monday.

Tuesday I did some big gear work followed by 4 over-under intervals, 115% x 3 min, 85% x 2 min. Hard, I’ve been doing the 115% intervals at high cadence, around 97, but absolutely could not manage that this week. Not sure if it was being off the bike, or the strength workout, but that workout felt harder than it needed to be.

Yestrdays workout was tough: 10 min of 140% x 1 min, 90% x 1 min. 140% is a number that’s not really in my wheelhouse. I couldn’t quite get it done but did make several runs at it and managed to pedal 5 min total at 140%. Not ideal but better than a total fail.

Today was meant to be a fun 1:30 JRA roadbike ride but the friend I was planning on riding with got sick and had to bow out. Then when I woke up it was raining so I reverted to a trainer ride. Legs were tired so I just did 80 min of zone 2/3 at high cadence, mostly >100 rpm. But with warm up, cool down and three 1 min breaks to stand and push a big gear, I think the average came out around 100.

Rest tomorrow, openers on Sat and a TT maybe on Sunday. Maybe because the forecast says there’s a 25% chance on rain at race time. My soinguer is not a fan of rainy cold weather.