Old 03-03-19, 10:54 AM
WNCGoater

Bikes: Diamondback Century 3. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
A big surprise, It doesn't work. (See Link)
As stated above, this is some BS politician wasting time in the General Assembly, trying to introduce crap legislation, to appease the bike hating public. He has nothing of substance to contribute likely, so he finds some hot button issue that will get his name in the paper. It likely won't pass and if it does, it is pretty much likely it won't be enforced. You wouldn't believe the comments made in the wake of FB posts from news outlets. The public, as as whole, HATES the cyclist. Especially here in Western NC where roads are often curvy, with limited safe passing areas and in relatively poor shape to start with. It is indeed difficult to pass oftentimes. It doesn't help the jerks who spread out and take the lane because "by God I can", though there is no good reason to do so, and hold up traffic while slowly grinding up a two mile climb.

https://www.chicagomag.com/city-life...1a_MzhLxIrDcTo

I've written to my state Rep. and Senator and would encourage others to do likewise. Heck, write 'em whether you live here or not, they're just counting Yey or Nay and weighing the political fallout of supporting or not.

Last edited by WNCGoater; 03-03-19 at 11:04 AM.