Old 03-07-19, 06:18 AM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikesplendor
She is looking for them to apply (her word). She might have some filters there.

She never asked for advice, or interference, she asked if anyone wanted to come along.

You don't have to conclude that she doesn't know what she's doing or that you know better than she does.

I cannot tell you how much serious trouble and interference my own father brought me because he thought he knew better than me what I should do with my life, especially in my twenties. What a disaster.

Maybe there is a wisdom in youth that you old pharts have lost track of.

And maybe you've also lost track of your own limited knowledge and understanding of other people's, including the OP's, lives and needs, and true paths in life. And lost track of your own not-knowing.

"Trust me, you know what you're doing."

Just consider the source of that quote and that idea. (5:31-5:49)

https://youtu.be/Hd6WfZHY_Cs

It was an invitation (see the title of her thread), not a plea for advice, and not a plea for your supposed higher knowledge or intelligence, or supposed wisdom or understanding of and interference with her and her life. And she is an adult.

To the OP: your life is yours, not theirs; and you know yourself at least ten thousand times better than they do.
I never gave advice or said it was a plea for advice. Trolls don’t want that. And I am sorry you had a bad father.
But based upon your previous posts I am glad that you seem to have survived your harrowing encounters with killer bees and coyotes.

Last edited by downhillmaster; 03-07-19 at 06:34 AM.