Old 03-07-19, 01:17 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
I don't find many things more demoralizing than packing up camp in the wet. Just takes the wind out of the sails....and as a corollary, few things are more motivating than an approaching morning stormfront to have to frantically pack before the arrival of.

Originally Posted by wgscott
I didn't want to hijack another thread that seemed on the brink of going in this direction, so ...

What do you find are the most inhibitory aspects of bike touring (i.e., things that make you think twice about doing it), and what are your coping strategies?

(For me, it is insomnia. I seem incapable of getting a decent night's sleep, which gradually grinds me down over the course of a long trip.)
We've done Tour de Nebraska in the central/east/NE/SE area enough, and used the same city-park and camp sites enough that....well...we long-timers have memorized which ones have adjacent/nearby railroad tracks in use during the night. Those spots typically have loaded coal trains from Wyoming going through every half-an-hour, all night.