Old 03-07-19, 02:32 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1973 Raleigh Twenty, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 432 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5522 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 109 Posts
I should emphasize that I don't feel endangered in the city often. I felt it more in the New Jersey suburbs. It's just that the congestion here is horrific. And bad congestion leads people to use bad judgment.

Today I rode on my old commuting route plus a little, and I went right back. The ride out was with the wind, and the ride back was against the wind. I see the speed difference in ridewithgps, of course.

I applied for readmission to my old college on Tuesday. So I don't know what combination of work and school I'll have yet. But I'm super excited. I suspended my college pursuit over 30 years ago. It felt great to be back on the campus I attended (Hunter College of CUNY) so long ago.

I just applied for a job at Barnard College, which is at Columbia University, which is where I was working most recently. The commute to Columbia is ideal, all along the bike path. I really hammered on that route today, and it felt great compared with riding in motor traffic. The Hudson River Greenway is a heaven of a bike commuter route.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.