mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I Guess I'll go first.
It would be good if riders could include a bike picture too, I think.

Steve Light, BF as Slightspeed,
email slight6729@aol.com
Los Angeles, CA
Rather not give phone no.
Coastal 35 mile route
1964 Legnano Roma, 52/42 Campy crank, 6 speed 28t freewheel. I'm a fair climber, (made it up Gibralter Road last December, but not with these gears). Tires are Panaracer Pasela 28 clinchers.
Will attend the swap meet, undecided about entering the Concours, or dinner plans.
We're staying on Moonstone Drive at the Sea Otter.

I rode most of the coastal route at Thanksgiving (as I understood it then) on my Raleigh Super Course, with a triple crank and a 34t Megarange rear. I think the Legnano will handle Highway 1 just fine, and I'm just not in shape for the hillier other routes.
Hope to see everyone there,
Thanks "Mech" for getting everyone on the same page. I missed the Pasadena Vintage last month with the iffy rain, hope its better for Cambria!
New wheelbuild, new Paselas, ready to roll. Hope the rider is! Yeah, I know I still need to re-install the evil toe clips. Probably do new bar tape too.
The phrase "Discretion is the better part of valor" comes to mind. I think you're probably in better climbing condition than I am but I'm going to try the 75 mile route and see how far I can get in the allotted time.