View Single Post
Old 03-18-19, 07:09 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 79 & 87 Guerciotti's, 90s DB/GT Mtn Bikes, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 06 DbyLS TI, 08 Lemond Filmore FG SS, 12 Cervelo R3, 20/15 Surly Stragler & Steamroller

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 498 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Would be curious to see what Bad Lag thinks of this MASI.

Let's see:
  • Built by Faliero Masi - check.
    • Uh...nope. Wait, the '70s Grand Criteriums were not built by him either? Oh, no, I've been scammed!
  • Made in the USA - check.
    • Uh...nope. A real MASI would be American mad...wait, what?
"OMFG, THE MASI NUOVA STRADA IS NOT A REAL MASI! MASI FAKED THEIR OWN BIKES! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE NEWS!!"

Bad Lag, take a step back and realize that there are a few times where the outright cloning of a bike has its exceptions. These exceptions depend on the intent of the builder, their actions, and a fair amount of faith that human nature isn't all bad. So far, it doesn't seem as if the OP has any intentions of selling his creation, so he's in control of the bike's story for now - and has been a proper custodian of said story. What's more, this entire thread pretty much logs the entire history of this bike for the internet, so post-build fakery would be outsted pretty quickly.

At any rate, it doesn't warrant the constant bad blood and browbeating that you're bringing to this thread. We know your point already; we can read.

The irony is that there are other potential fakes out there that deserve much more criticism, but receive half of the scrutiny that they deserve. About 5-7 years ago (don't remember exactly), a number of blue and red Guerciotti frames were popping up right and left on the Internet and also in my area. I didn't suspect anything then, but after a few years of research after the fact, I started to believe one story that came out of the woodwork: That some framebuilder in South or Central America got their hands on a whole bunch of Guerciotti parts and assembled some thickly-painted mutts. I have no way of confirming this, and it's still just a hunch of mine. But those Guerciottis aren't given half the effort of ousting that you've given our Trekasi building-friend here. And he has disclosed his build to the world - and shown no intent to harm.

-Kurt
RE: "OMFG, THE MASI NUOVA STRADA IS NOT A REAL MASI! MASI FAKED THEIR OWN BIKES! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE NEWS!!"

What is the story on the Masi Nouva Strada?
What company made them?
Were they reynolds 531 or columbus sl??