Old 03-21-19, 08:37 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethetown
So, in bringing this decision near its (il)logical conclusion [drum roll, please] - I'm close to settling on an option that brings neither CF nor hydraulics: The All City Space Horse.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but like what I see so far - i.e., durable frame, functional and extremely upgradeable components, and plenty of room in the budget for all the necessary tweaks and add-ons. The main driving factor here is economics - at $1500 complete, I can add a set of 650b wheels, 650x47 knobbies, buy pedals, swap out bars and saddle, install the TRP HY/RD conversion, dropper post, and still have some cash left over for lunch. Having really thought about how I'm going to be using the bike, the idea of CF was not only excessive, but just plain unnecessary.

I've read their frames run big, but looking at the geometry of the 58, it seems pretty standard (58x57, 72 deg. head tube angle, 72.5 seat angle). Looks like only the smaller sizes are stretched. Anyone out there 6'0" - 6'1" with a 34-35 inch inseam on a Space Horse?
Wow. That's pretty much the opposite of everything you listed in your OP as must-haves.

Why not just find a used bike or frameset and build it up they way you like instead buying a new bike and replacing everything? That doesn't make financial sense to me.