Old 03-22-19, 08:20 PM
Alfster 
long time visiter

Bikes: 2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've tried the calorie counting apps in the past. I'm not disciplined enough to constantly record each meal, so it didn't work for me. In November of last year I finally decided to get back into shape after years of being 60 lbs overweight. So far I've lost about 45 lbs. I have made choices that hopefully will be life-long habits ... such as drinking mostly water through the day, don't drink any pop or other sugar-laden drinks, eat mostly whole-foods (rediscovered my love for grapefruit), eat about 1/2 the amount of meat that I used to ... substituting more beans and other veggies, and use smaller size dinner plates for better portion control. Along with the food changes, I also have been exercising 6 days a week at home. I do a mixture of cardio (mostly indoor bike trainer until the snow melts), weights and mix in the occasional 'fitness blender' workout. My workout sessions range from 40 to 60 minutes. This was the hardest part to adapt into my lifestyle. When I get home from work I'm fairly burnt out. I have a relatively stressful job. I used to get home and just sack out on the couch. Now I have energy left in the evenings to squeeze in my workouts before sacking out on the couch