canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsailor
I use Boeshield T9. Its not messy but your chain will give you black tattoo if you get against the big ring. I clean the chain with wd-40 or mineral spirits depending on how dirty it is then put a drop on every link then spin it a few times. I let it sit a while or even till the next day then wipe the residue off usually with some paper towels. I go anywhere from 100-200 miles depending on how lazy I am. My chains usually last about 3000 miles and I have never had one squeak or maybe I am just too old and deaf to hear it.
Ditto, Boeshield T-9. I use it to touch up my waxed chains if I'm lagging behind on redipping in the crock pot of wax. It produces black grime like any wet lube but cleans up better than most. An old napkin dampened with rubbing alcohol will clean off most of the external grime.

Boeshield also works to restore some smoothness to old cables/housings if we don't have time or money to completely replace with new cables and housings. I've postponed replacing those for a few months by using T-9 to slick up the oxidized cables. It wicks quickly down the cable. Less messy and smelly than WD-40.