View Single Post
Old 01-24-06, 07:29 PM
Brian

Bikes: 8 bikes - one for each day of the week!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mattface
Putting aside the presumption that fixed gear riders are irresponsible, and unlikely to reproduce, I think it's asking a lot of someone who nearly got killed by an oblivious driver to stop and try and make nice like Mr. Rogers. Even if you CAN put aside your anger long enough to do it it's not neccessarily advisable. You never know who you might be talking to. Lots of car drivers are stressed out and agressive. They see a bike they didn't know existed a moment ago whiz by an inch off their inside fender, they are likely to be angry instead f concerned, and yes some may even be violent towards the cyclist. Pulling out your wallet to show them pictures of your grandkids might not persuade them not to bludgeon you with the nearest blunt object.
Not my presumption, so let's get that out of the way. I was merely making a suggestion about educating a motorist that was oblivious to a cyclist. If you want to be critical of that advice, you are more than welcome to do so, as it's only fair. I can have my opinion, and you can have yours. But it's not my fault that some members here have a huge chip on their collective shoulders. Perhaps we need a "Trackies" forum to separate the wheat from the chaff?