View Single Post
Old 03-26-19, 01:23 PM
parkbrav

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 97 Posts
in that case, you're gonna have to come find me and give me a ticket then. i've been doing my little sidewalk shortcut to get to the MUP trailhead for a couple years now. CPD doesn't seem to give a single flying $h!t.
Haha, I think in theory one could still get a ticket, but most likely it's not going to come up unless there's reason to enforce, like a safety event. Meaning, there will probably be no ticket unless there was a collision or other accident, then the victim could bring a negligence suit against the tortfeasor under the theory there was an ordinance specifically against the conduct in question.

haha, I can imagine the challenges of cycling on the sidewalk in MY town on trash day - the sidewalks are just strewn with trash and garbage cans

LOL! walk my bike? on a sidewalk that goes past a sewage pumping station that almost never has anyone on it? for 700 feet? yeah, i'm never going to do that.
i agree, but until the city recognizes how asinine it is to have a one-way street lead to the trailhead of an MUP, i'll be happily riding on that stretch of sidewalk!
We're all going to have our different iterations of "well, you're right about not cycling on sidewalks against traffic, except in MY case..." that's not exactly why I started this conversation ... to point fingers at any body or start a "witch hunt...." I was really going after the limited specifics of the scenario I mentioned above.

It just amazes me how a simple observation about a BSO cycling contra-flow to traffic on a wide suburban road is sparking so much excitement. It wasn't meant to.