Old 03-27-19, 08:16 AM
arsprod 

Bikes: Fairdale Weekender Drop, Motobecane 29LTD, Cannondale H400, Basso Coral

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
Another milestone for the year: I wore shorts today.

46F which is the warmest morning we've had by like 10 degrees. It felt absolutely balmy, even with the 15 mph wind. There was a little rain during the night, but not enough to make the flooding worse. The river went down about 6" during the night. It's still well above flood stage but at least it looks like it's starting to head in the right direction.

Yesterday I received word that my open heart surgery is scheduled for April 24th. That means my consecutive commuting streak will come to an end somewhere around the 742 mark. There will be some weeks after my recovery where I will be cleared to come back to work, but won't be cleared to ride my bicycle. Unless I figure out a way to get super creative, I'll likely have to drive to work during that time.

I am formulating a plan on how to ride my bike to the hospital for the open heart surgery. I told my wife about that idea and she just rolled her eyes and went back to her book.
I agree with @pdlamb - shorts and 46?! No way!! I love the idea of riding to the hospital for heart surgery - get the media to cover it.

28F in the morning, predicted 58F this afternoon, the new normal