scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff williams

Other stuff is welding a disc mount to the rigid fork and removing the old bosses.
Don't wait for photo's...be a while.
this is a worse idea than drilling your parts. disc on a fork not meant to take it when designed is not a good idea. unless you are having it done free or very cheap, a decent rigid disc for can be had pretty d@mn cheap. if you do have it done, at least use a good front skewer to help stiffen things up.

yeah, it may be all about the technical fun aspect for you, but that, and drilling parts into things is generally not good. see: the drillium fad in 70-80s road racing.

but, i'm sure the designers of you components took into account that someone might want to drill holes in said components during their designing phase......

stuff does brake. stating they won't is only courting disaster. i've seen many, many broken unmodified parts that where claimed "unbreakable" at one point.

not trying to be an ass or anythng jeff, but there are better ways to save a miniscule amount of weight on a bike without compromising structual integrity. and it's all stuff that wouldn't cost much cash. if you keep drilling and shaving, stuff *will* break on you eventually, even at your weight.

i'm saying this as i broke a frame in half, one i thought unbreakable. and yes, it was very high quality steel. even though it (gasp!) wasn't ritchey tubing.