Thread: 2019 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 12:16 PM
seajaye

Bikes: 650b traditional rando, 700c SS rando, 700c fast rando..... plus a mountain, folder, and retired urban track in the basement

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Except for the guy that somehow thought the dyno society's lights were okay, but mine was too bright. Actually, my light is aimed just a smidge low for comfortable descending. That was when I lost track of them, and they somehow managed to finish 40 minutes in front of me. So I was dogging it. Mostly because I only had 10 french fries to eat in the last 50 miles due to stomach upset. Riding without eating is my special talent.
Who are you talking about here?

Our vibe is definitely ride fast (not that we are very fast), and eat slow. We spent more time than I'd like to admit controlling. We leapfrogged people all through the middle of the day on the climbs, then they'd controle faster, just for the cycle to repeat the next leg.

We were all beat in Blairstown and even then some of us completely fell apart at the seams in the last 30 miles. A chicken caesar salad gave me new life.

I agree that the new routing made the 300k much more enjoyable than I was expecting, save for the Millbrook climb. Is it just me, or has this series been much harder (maybe 1.25, 1.5x) in difficulty than I remember from a few years ago?