View Single Post
Old 04-03-19, 12:07 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by hazetguy
I sorta had a stove 'problem' for a few years. The n+1 can be really bad with stoves! I have cut back significantly on my stove purchases, and have sold a lot of them. Now I'm down to maybe under 20? (although I did just win an obscure Trangia burner on Tradera )
I'm presuming you know of: https://classiccampstoves.com/
Yes, I know about classiccampstoves.....crazy Brits I may have to go there to find this O-ring.

I've got the Svea, a Swiss Army "Volcano" (meant to be used with fuel tabs but I made a pop can alcohol burner to fit inside), a Swedish Army Trangia, and an old MSR Whisperlite. I guess I have my "problem" under control.......

I've used all but the MSR on bike tours. For bike purposes, I should get one of those "newfangled" tiny burners you screw onto a canister. My partner in crime and I use his on backpacking trips out West, due to fear of a clueless TSA agent confiscating almost anything else. We often encounter below freezing temps out there, even in August, so the canister stove is sometimes a bit anemic. Plus the piezoelectric igniter will not work at 10,000 feet or higher.

In a fit of nostalgia, my friend just bought an old but almost pristine Optimus 8R!

Last edited by kaos joe; 04-04-19 at 02:25 PM.