Old 04-04-19, 10:59 AM
Psychocycles

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Full body at the gym M, W, F. Used to go at lunch, now it's in the evening. I ride on my lunch break. Do long whatever (ride, hike, ski) on weekends.

For me, my priorities tend to shift. I used to climb and miss it, if I get a chance to do it again I'll be happy to ride less to accommodate. Sounds like the opposite for you. Something eventually has to give. It's important to know what's important.
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the responses everyone! Yeah, I used to prioritize my upper body strength above all else but now I'm thinking to just maintain upper body & really double down on increasing FTP and cycling performance.

My hard workouts leave me feeling cooked inside, so even though strength work is a different energy system, I usually don't have the mental and/or physical capacity on a hard cycling day. I agree with OBoile...getting it done is more important than timing it perfectly; I just want to make sure I'm not compromising my cycling performance . Anyway, I'm not pro, never will be, so maybe it's going too far to analyze it in such detail.