View Single Post
Old 04-08-19, 12:23 PM
Lydah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I totally understand the depth of the bike in your arms issue. I actually used a Brompton carry handle on my pakiT at first, because it's a cool idea, but I found it made me carry the bike too low and kept smacking myself on it in the legs. Now I carry the pakiT at the main tube (the way you're supposed to) and it's very light so my arm is easily at a 90 degree angle while I carry it - bike tires barely go below my waist and no smacking around. I used to have a 700c wheel bike and I would literally hit every step going up to the Bart trains, lol. Just a suggestion - call Bike Friday. If there is a pakiT owner anywhere near you, they will have a record; BF calls owners and asks them to allow potential buyers to take their bikes out for test rides. It takes maybe a week for them to set you up with a test. Not only could you then ride the bike (probably in a slightly heavier configuration than what you would build) but you can fold and carry it. For me, I found the super light weight and quick fold just perfect. Bromptons and Dahons are meant for rolling while folded more than for carrying. Oh, and congrats on going back to school and not giving up. You've got this!!!
ive definitely decided that i want to go for bike friday, but after messing around with the website ive also fallen in love with the new world tourist models lmao

I'm kind of torn now because the pakit does seem more portable but the dimensions are very similar folded as the nwt, and the nwt seems to be a bit more versatile which would be great for my grocery runs and such, while still having the belt drive and internal hub