Old 04-10-19, 08:08 PM
SergioMath

Bikes: Cinelli Experience Road Bike, Aventon Mataro Low Commuter Track Bike (Fixed with front brake), Cinelli Vigorelli Track Bike (Brakeless), Giant ATX770 (Drop bars), Aventon Cordoba Single Speed (wife)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Thank you all for the inspiration!

Good evening everyone!

I just created an account because reading through the posts (all the way since 2012), has inspired me to show you my project. I've deeply enjoyed the pictures and stories you've posted.
This used to be my dad's MTB bike. He loved it, but for many years, it has been neglected to the garage. While it was there, it was exposed to years to a leak that came from the pipes that drained the water from the terrace (apartment, not house), so it has built up a layer of calcite that ruined the paintjob. At the time of this post, it is being re-painted to stock conditions.
Now, for the parts, most of it is just a mishmash of parts I had lying around. Given that I'm more of a track/road cyclist, most of the parts are from old road bikes I've had. The idea is for this to have a more modern stance (I ride with really low bars (and no, my back is just fine)) but with the amazing geometry of this '90s Giant ATX 770.
The seatpost was seized at the time this picture was taken. It has since been fixed (it only took months, tons of WD40, fire, a press, a soviet tank and black magic). It will be replaced by all-black hardware. Handlebars, bar tape, seat post, saddle, cranks... all black, and coming from an old road bike.
I might also source some canti brakes for good measure. Even though the V-brakes that it has are more efficient, I prefer the look of the cantis.
I live in south america and good parts are difficult to get here, but if anyone has ideas or hacks for this project, send them my way.

Thanks, and I hope you like it.

I'll post pictures when it's finished (possibly in 3 or 4 days, when I pick it up from the paintshop).

Good night!

EDIT: This doesn't let me post the pic, so I'll add it later, when I meet the required post count.