starkmojo
Old and in the way.

Bikes: Jamis Renegade and Kona Jake

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMK
Try living in my town - ten years the average wage for a 2-bed flat, and you'll pay four times that in London. Britain is wrecked.

Hey I made the decision to have 5 kids. No one to blame but myself... well my wife helped a bit

But yeah I get your point: I lived in Portland Oregon (USA) for 17 years. my old house that I sold for 150K is is now worth $400K. It is a two bedroom. I cannot afford to live there with kids. Relocated to Eugene (a city of 120K twenty miles south) and could;t afford a four bedroom there either. Well I could but just barely and only a one needing a lot of work. So I bought out of town and fell into this place. Oregon is a desirable place to live and lots of people keep moving here. I could live in town and have one kid, but that ship has sailed the hospital won't take them back, so here we are. I would love to live closer to work but I try and just do the best I can with what I have you know? While I was not an ebike fan when I lived in a big city now I think they could play a major role in changing transportation. If I could get rid of one car (kind of a stretch) it would save me like ten grand a year. I am shooting for 100 commutes a year by bike which would save me $1850/year in gas and wear and tear on the car. Plus I could keep the car for an extra 5 years meaning I could buy my next car just before I retire. That would be a huge savings too.