Old 04-11-19, 08:24 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Schwinn Voyageur - Day 1.8 - $55 - 43k (27miles)

On the ride home from work and a couple short rides around the neighborhood finally got the saddle more or less dialed in. It’s a big change to go from one bike to another I guess, even when they’re more or less the same size (my daily commuter is also a 23” frame), but this bike is 10 lbs lighter and has much different geometry.

The bike is so nice that I can’t conscionably put any more miles on the old grease and bearings, so my quick start out of the gate will be slowed until I have a chance to address properly.

@noglider is right, this is a pretty special bike. I really like the half step plus granny gearing. I haven’t used downtube shifters in a while and the last bike I had them on had them in a different position so my hands were flying all over the place. It must have been a sight.

I test fit the fenders from my daily commuter just out of curiosity this evening. I don’t know yet if I’ll leave them on. They WOULD add value that I might need elsewhere.

I’m happy to slow down and take my time with this one. May be several days between updates.

Thanks everybody so much for kind words on my find. It feels like a gift.

Sorry for poor garage pic.