Old 04-18-19, 07:26 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
I think this thread has circled the drain, gone down the drain, and then backed up through the overflow hole at the back of the sink.

No one is disagreeing that he shouldn't have done anything. The argument now is about whether there is some hypothetical set of circumstances where help from a non-witness bystander cyclist would be appropriate even after the professional responders have arrived Obviously, it is at least theoretically possible that one could come upon a scene that was being so blatantly mishandled that intervention might be imperative, but I think the probability of coming across such a thing are so small as to make the conversation rather pointless. If you see a cop putting all his attention to taking a picture of a dented fender while the cyclist is lying in the road going into shock unattended, knock yourself out. Obviously, someone needs to step in to ensure that cyclist's safety. But if you want to get into a situation to advocate for cycling and cyclists, I'd suggest that isn't the time or place.