LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12854 Post(s)
Liked 7,772 Times in 4,122 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Haanjo status: BB changed, 105 crank installed, FD adjusted.

As I was shoving in the 105 crankset, the interference from the FD reminded me that I was going from a 46t to a 50t and that I'd need to raise the FD and re-tune it. That presented some minor challenges as the area was subject to road grime and sealant spray - I couldn't even see the limit screws and I had to look up the manual online, as a refresher on their location, and then excavate them. All hunky dory now, though - it's shifting like a champ and I have my fingers crossed that the 105 <---> Power2Max crankset swaps won't need too much fiddling.

Oh, and the chain was just the right length with the additional 4t, which makes me wonder how I sized it last time.

Ellsworth Joker status:

Dug up a centerlock rotor for a 650b front wheel I got on the penultimate day of Performance Chandler.

Grabbed a cassette lockring and tool and DAMMIT. Endcap is too big to allow room for lockring tool. Now I gotta dig through the big pile of crap to see if there's a BB tool style lockring in there.

I hemmed and hawed for a long time at the clearance sale. Thinking "ewww, centerlock." and "OMG, so cheap, almost free." That's what I get for getting centerlock wheels. That's also what I get for getting cartridge bearing hubs. Dumb.

Last edited by LesterOfPuppets; 04-18-19 at 11:33 PM.