View Single Post
Old 04-19-19, 07:25 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7666 Post(s)
Liked 3,537 Times in 1,859 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
It all depends on speed, if you are cycling at walking speed, no, you do not increase your chance of being hit by a vehicle, maybe, you actually would/could be reducing it...
Bleep. If a car is going to hit you coming head-on, your escape routes are so limited you are pretty much going down anyway ... even if you are riding at three mph (which is probably less stable than twice as fast.)

And again ... what if someone is riding Properly and meets you? Do you just gamble that that won't happen?

As I said, I am pretty tired of being pushed into traffic be people who don;t know how to ride a bike properly. I have never seen a wrong-way rider pull over to let me by ....

It's funny, all these excuses for wrong-way riding ... how many would fly if we were Driving the wrong way? But we can break the law, because we are cyclists .... but if a Driver breaks the law, we want to the harshest penalties to prevent that sort of behavior in the future.

If you cannot ride a bike safely on the road, stick to MUPs.