View Single Post
Old 04-20-19, 04:15 AM
jbchybridrider 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 151 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
I prolly shouldn't say ah toad ja so, but ah toad ja so. Well, it's a good "learning experience". You might want to try a Cyclone GT cage. BTW, the cage springs are different between the VGT/Vx series and the Cyclone Mk I, if you haven't noticed already. (Actually they are different whether you noticed or not.) The Cyclone Mk II is totally different, with a flat-wire spiral spring instead of a square-wire helix.

Haha don't tempt me to do something silly and make a shaft There are plenty of options on ebay though and the Superbe needed a clean and grease anyway.

Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I 've been running a Suntour VGT Luxe on my '73 Super Course for a couple of years with a Megarange 34t 6 speed and a Sugino AT triple. Its a great combination. Mine was built from a found bare frame, so I have no idea what was on there previously. Mine uses a bolt on claw mount. Good luck with yours.

The only reason I probably won't use it on my Paino build is that I'm trying to keep it a high end race bike and that Superbe name. But have put it on the bike and doesn't look out of place at all like yours, works great too and probably still better that anything Campy from the period "cough cough". The vg-t came off a Daws Galaxy so will likely go back there one day, it looked sad coming off but a full service and works good as new.