View Single Post
Old 04-21-19, 07:01 AM
paulb_in_bkln

Bikes: 1983 Trek 600, 1972 Raleigh Sports Step Thru, 1963 Rudge Sports, 2007 Dahon MuP8, Dahon Speed, Public Mixte 8-speed IGH, mid-70s Peugeot Mixte AW conversion, Riv Platypus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by gster
I like the idea of a good "work" bike.

One that can carry a lot.

I live downtown and rarely use the car(s).

I prefer to do my errands/shopping/hardware store

on the bike.

I've got photos (somewhere) from Rwanda where bikes

are used as taxis and as haulers of anything you could

imagine.

Someone gave me a t-shirt that says:

"Never Under Estimate an Old Man On a Bike"

I hope we'll be seeing more cargo type bikes in use here as more and more businesses need to have online ordering with delivery to be competitive. If I should need to make yet another "career" change, I might stick one of those Xtracycle things on a bike and try one of the bike delivery services. And I love those box bikes. Our current mayor, unfortunately, has had to be dragged kicking and screaming to support bike lanes and bike share. (And public transit, which is really bizarre for a politician in NYC.) Don't know about this "old man" thing. Can't imagine who you might be talking about. Two regular customers at my workplace are guys in their 80s. One guy still works shifts as a waiter at a local TGI Friday; the other is a photographer and he's got an exhibit in a major public locale of photos from an Asia trip he took in the early 60s.