Old 04-22-19, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
krecik's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Tredegar, Wales
Posts: 190

Bikes: coastie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
convert to P/V tubes .. you can screw onto the adapter ..

I have a Campag Steel pump head with the same thread as the hose to pump thread ..

Rather rare , it seems ..

There is .. Woods Dunlop valves

inside latex rubber hose is the check valve ..
Heard of those. They're the ones that you have to 'burp' right? My mams got those on her bike. But the latex rubber system is obsolete from what I know, the ones on my mams have a different check valve. My dad said he had those rubber ones on his bike back in the day but you had to replace the rubber every so often when it turned dry rotted and didn't hold the air anymore.

Only reason I know is because a rubber hose like that came as part of a poundshop puncture repair kit I bought for my bike. I didn't know what it was and I was gonna dash it but then I was told otherwise.
krecik is offline