View Single Post
Old 04-29-19, 08:54 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1806 Post(s)
Liked 1,669 Times in 956 Posts
I hit a dog once.

I'm only posting the Strava link because it's hard to get your photos out of Strava on mobile.

In anycase, I was keeping to the right as proper, some pedestrian lady was walking towads me, keeping to her right, as proper. Then this unleashed dog eye-balled me & lunged from the brush to my right. I moved to the center to avoid the poor guy, but it was already too late & he sank his teeth into my front tire.

I damn near cut that thing in half. It scampered to it's owner, very obviously broken in the middle somehow. The yelling match that ensued when I picked my self up off the ground was for the ages, let me tell you. "shared path this, shared path that" she screamed at me between obscenities. I yelled back "Taking up the left, the right, & the middle doesn't seem much like sharing the ephing path! Leash your ephing dog! Rules apply to you too, Lady!"

Of course, it was all my fault & her negligence and inability to obey the leash laws had nothing to do with the broken dog.

Dogs are property under State law. Since I'm the actual human that suffered injury, I'm the one with a legal claim to hold her for negligence. So instead of calling the cops out to the middle of nowhere & making an issue of it, I called her something similar to "I'll C U Next Tuesday" and rode off.

I don't know what ever came of the situation, but there are lots of "Leash your dog" signs now prominantly posted in the area & dog walkers seem to be attentive in the times I've rode there since.

On a side note, digging pebbles & gravel out of road rash sucks.

Last edited by base2; 04-29-19 at 11:18 AM.
Likes For base2: