View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 03:29 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
@mkeller234, I like your ST a lot. What year is your ST? I have an '85 ST 400. I picked up the bike on CL last year and fixed it up. I'm running it with 700c wheels (and 700 by 32c tires). I really like the bike. I'm currently running it with a compact double but I plan on installing a triple crank and using bar end shifters or perhaps brifters. I like how the bike rides and it may be my favorite long distance machine.

Originally Posted by mkeller234
Liking the way a bike looks is not a bad reason! Also, I will add that I have about 10 bikes. NONE of them feel the same as the Cannondale. I have enjoyed the difference in the oversized aluminum frame. I wouldn't say it's better or worse, just that it is noticeably different. When I am choosing a bike for a ride, they all have different qualities, components and comfort levels that make each better or worse for a given task.

My Cannondale ST has a long wheel base and steel fork. I would like to try one of the more radical shorter wheel base, cantilevered dropout frame Cannondale frames some day too.