View Single Post
Old 05-04-19, 03:13 PM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
I totally agree, on the early decals. 👍 And what are you waiting for, to go on a longish ride? These early ones just grow on ya more, after a few hundred miles. 😁 Another cool thing about my '85 frame, with the CC serial number, is that those are my initials. 😎 Still haven't found the welder's initials though, might be buried under the paint. These letters & numbers are noticeably smaller than any later ones I've seen. 🤔
Oh, lots of things keep me from it. I have two kids, 7 and 2. Any longer bike ride will likely include one or both kids. My daughter has one of those tag a long bikes and it is currently hooked up to my mountain bike. I did put the attachment on my Cannondale but quickly took it off because of the downtube shifters (and it’s so ugly!). At this point, I’ve used my Lotus Eclair or my Mt Fuji for long rides on a crushed limestone path. The Cannondale is too pretty for that treatment. I want to keep it on pavement if I can help it.