View Single Post
Old 01-26-06, 09:17 AM
TRaffic Jammer
Dances With Cars

Bikes: TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well if you listen to the safety wonks you'd wonder how we all managed to live.
I climbed tress and things with no harness or spotter. I hiked alone in the woods.
I skated on ice without a helmet. I skateboarded without a helmet. I rode my bike without a helmet. Hell, I even jumped stuff on a bike that wasn't custom built for such activities.... in fact me and buddies built it from old bike parts we'd find around. I didn't use anti-bacterial wipes or hand cleansers in case I touched something outside the house. Playgrounds with hard surfaces.....I should be dead..... oh yea my Dad smoked while driving with us lot in the back seat. (Which would get someone charged these days).

I shot pellet guns and sligshots and was shot at...lol Not once losing an eye, I even played with that thing that my mother swore would take my eye out. I whittled wood with a sharp knife and amazingly I have all my fingers (unscarred). AND most of the people I knew as kids are still alive too. I wouldn't go so far as to banning them but I would like to remove the lobbyists and the useless lawmakers that swear they are making our world safe. Rather I find kids aren't willing to take a chance anymore, not capable of risk as it's been removed from almost all the daily activities, and the slightest boo-boo sends them away from the activity forever. Kinda sad really, I wonder how that will translate as they age.