Old 01-26-06, 12:36 PM
shokhead

Bikes: 2012 Trek Madone 6.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
I don't wear a damn seat belt, have been riding motorcycles without a helmet for years and I survived a little shooting war with my helmet mostly used to sit on, more than on my head. Perhaps the reason some people feel the risk of cycling without a helmet is so great is because cycling is the riskiest activity they have engaged in?

Over 40+ years I have only rarely wore a helmet - I wear one when required to and sometimes wear one for my winter commutes. I've taken spills and had run-ins with stuff that was bigger than me, but I obviously am not a carrot in the care of the state. I pay my bills and my taxes, I have good insurance and I spilled my own blood supposedly defending this little thing called freedom and liberty. So if you want to wear your helmet, I am happy for you and would defend your right to do so, but for those of us who never give it much of a thought and don't consider cycling a risky endeavor, please just give us the same courtesy and quit yer preaching and snide-assed uppity remarks.

Edit: That felt good - NOW we got us a helmet debate furball goin!
And as an x motorcycler,why am i not suprised you dont wear one either. Hey,i dont give a rats a$$who does or dont. IMO,its fricken stupit not to but thats me. My dad was at some place out in the ocean,think it was Pearal Harbor around Dec 7th but he used a helmet when cycling. Dont know what that has anything to do with being as safe as possible.