View Single Post
Old 05-14-19, 08:16 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Thanks, Rowan. Those sound like good ideas. No intention to do any cycling, but I did think about thought of looking for a Weds night boat ride if there’s any club racing this time of year.

I sense that you’re not much of a city guy. I grew up in Manhattan and don’t like it either these days, but I do love me a good art museum.

Yes, wife is having a blast.
I don't think I am wrong saying this... Sydney does have a good range of quality art museums which might be worth doing some research on before and when you get there.

The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia has been the organiser of the Sydney-Hobart race for decades, and has a great fleet of boats berthed there. Email them and see if they can provide you with some information on skippers/owners who are in competitive yachts and have available space mid-week for someone with your undoubted experience.

It was a wonderful place for me to be when I was a journo way back covering the start of the Sydney-Hobart and the Southern Cross Cup series, and I do miss it a bit when I see the start live on television these days.