View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 12:32 PM
The_Joe

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I didn't mean to imply that you must look for a narrower saddle because the old one was narrower. Other things make a difference too and perhaps it's not that the width is wrong on your new saddle. It might be how fast it flares from the nose to the back. It might be that profile shape from nose to rear. It might be the width of the nose. It might be too much padding or lack of padding. And quite a few other things might affect you too. Have you tried different tilts or fore/aft?

Specialized makes some good saddles IMO. However looking at the pics of what googling for "Specialized Power Saddle" pulls up shows too many different sub-models. Though on the ones that get my attention, it seems they flare out very rapidly when they transition from the nose. That would be a problem for me. I don't know that that is your cause for what you described though. For me it would mean some chaffing on my butt cheek probably.
I didn't think you specifically meant narrower, but I figured if I go to a co-op for something they likely have narrower stuff. This particular saddle is currently as far back as it can go and it gives me a good position on the bike. I have tried angles in either direction. Slightly up was a real bad move. Currently it's level.

I've included a screen shot of the saddle shape. Kind of a Power saddle and kind of that new Shimano saddle. But, cheaper. It does have a very short nose which contributes to the look of a quick flare. Though my thoughts were also aimed in that direction.