Old 05-18-19, 07:23 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
Anyone with knowledge on this bike and could point out good and the bad, opinion on fair value? Just asking for opinions.
Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
$475 is way too high. If it were an earlier XO-1 and hadn't had all the parts swapped out for mediocre "retro-style" ones, then maybe. You don't even get the Brooks!

Here's the story on 1994 XOs from the Retrogrouch blog:

"In 1994, the XO-1 was dropped from the lineup. The only XO bikes in the catalog were the XO-3, 4, and 5. The 3 model had a lugged frame somewhat like the much nicer XO-1, as well as the original mustache bar, but other details of the frame (such as the lovely fork crown - now gone), along with the component choices, marked it as a lower-cost entry. "
I love Bridgestones but they do command a premium so they tend to be priced high. This is an XO 3 not a 4 and this is the catalog page, https://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridges...4/pages/39.htm

I think the price is higher than I'd like to pay so I'd want to talk a buyer down. That said if you like the bike, this is not a crazy price. It has a lugged frame and a nice flat fork crown. This bike is nicely built up with a quality handlebar and saddle and tires.

I own a 1993 Bridgestone XO 2. It is a great bike. The combination of road geometry and 26 inch tires is a great combination. You can get that today with a gravel bike and 29ers but back in the day, 26 inch was a better choice as there was better tire availability.

Edit: I just saw that it does not come with the Brooks which lowers the value somewhat. So $300 is likely about right. I doubt the buyer will take it given the crazy prices for old Bridgestones.