Thread: Raleigh Sprite
View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 08:37 AM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
Vintage Raleigh Sprite 5 speed Sturmy Archer

I have 3D print files available.

Definitely take you up on that offer, if only to file it away for the moment while I find someone with the ability to do the production for me.

And this is the future of antique bicycle collecting. No more hunting eBay and swap meets. Rather just print your own.

I'm waiting for the time someone produces a perfect copy of a 1st generation Nuevo Record rear derailleur. That's going to be a real shock to the antique parts business.

And if I do replace the level eventually, it's going to be there for looks only. The handlebar switch is far and away the better option, and there has to be a better way of doing the left side lever, given how kludgy the (especially) underdrive and overdrive are to get into.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)