Old 05-18-19, 10:33 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,381 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I love Bridgestones but they do command a premium so they tend to be priced high. This is an XO 3 not a 4 and this is the catalog page, https://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridges...4/pages/39.htm

I think the price is higher than I'd like to pay so I'd want to talk a buyer down. That said if you like the bike, this is not a crazy price. It has a lugged frame and a nice flat fork crown. This bike is nicely built up with a quality handlebar and saddle and tires.

I own a 1993 Bridgestone XO 2. It is a great bike. The combination of road geometry and 26 inch tires is a great combination. You can get that today with a gravel bike and 29ers but back in the day, 26 inch was a better choice as there was better tire availability.

Edit: I just saw that it does not come with the Brooks which lowers the value somewhat. So $300 is likely about right. I doubt the buyer will take it given the crazy prices for old Bridgestones.
Where do you see that it doesn't come with the Brooks? The only reference to the seat is that the original Avocet is included.