View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 10:20 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Juggy_Gales
I agree I don't like when threads go to insults.. I really had nothing against steel.. I just kept seeing steel is real and truly wanted to know
whether it was just a resurgence of a love for steel frames because of this or that or what..
Id personally be fine with a steel frame bike.. I think for touring many miles it may be the best bet..
sure I think Carbon or Aluminum could tour and have toured.. Where I think Steel would do best is lugging weight and if you somehow damage the bike on your expedition.. It would be the easiest to repair if it is something frame related..
This is my humble opinion.. I do mean humble because you guys are much much more experienced than I am. I feel like I am really only just learning now.. When I was a kid I knew basics about bikes and fixing things that went wrong.. But I really didn't know jack diddly squat then.. and I am trying to learn jack.. then diddly.. after that.. I'll try to learn some squat.

I don't think anyone thought you weren't being civil. I think the comment was aimed at some of the "idiot" talk that was getting thrown around (not by you).