Old 05-24-19, 05:50 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Yeah, CBD is still gray zone stuff, both in terms of legality and efficacy.

Here in Texas the state gummint attitude is "Meh, don't care, whatever." Pending official approval. Meanwhile some cities are taking advantage of the gray zone to milk more cash out of small businesses and individuals by busting CDB vendors and arresting users who get caught traveling with the stuff.

In terms of efficacy, anecdotes vary considerably. Here's mine: CBD *can* work. But only a very limited selection.

Basically, it appears a tiny amount of THC must be present for CBD to be effective for some folks. Doesn't need to be enough THC to get high, certainly not the amount in some concentrated e-liquids for vaping. That stuff is just silly strong.

But isolates containing zero THC have zero effect on me. Not even a placebo effect. I've tried many of 'em and they're all the same. Expensive honey/glycerin/MCT oil. A well meaning friend gave me a sample of the CBD she gets discounted for complications associated with traumatic brain injury -- anxiety, etc. It's another isolate and does absolutely nothing for me. But I use it for my cats. The oldest, a 15 y/o Siamese I adopted after my mom died, seems to benefit the most. She's often been skittish but now she seems calmer, more confident, more sociable instead of hiding, eats better and her fur looks healthier and shinier. The cat is probably resistant to the placebo effect, so I'm betting CBD isolates do benefit some critters.

But not me.

The best I've tried is Lazarus Naturals full spectrum high potency mint chocolate oil, 50mg per 1 ml. A few drops in coffee really helps with the usual morning aches and pains, usually within 15-20 minutes. The high potency capsules work as well but take longer. Sometimes I'll take a capsule at bedtime so I can sleep through the night without pain.

Works so well I rarely take my prescription pain meds now (hydrocodone and cyclobenzaprine). I've been hit by cars twice in less than 20 years, and have chronic neck, shoulder and back pain, even with weekly PT, chiropractors, etc. It's great having the option of a pain reliever that really works, doesn't cause GI problems like many NSAIDs, and isn't an opioid that makes me sleepy and sluggish. I can ride, and have ridden, after taking CBD. Doesn't hinder my alertness or reflexes. Helps on rides longer than an hour or so, when my neck pain would usually cause me to head back home. And I'm having fewer muscle spasms in my neck, shoulder, legs and feet.

Lazarus already has the lowest prices in the reputable CBD industry, and they offer significant discounts to military veterans like me, and folks with low income and/or disabilities. They do require documentation but anyone who meets those criteria will already have the forms ready to fax or email. Lazarus usually responds within a week of application. And they offer other occasional discounts, including this Memorial Day weekend.

Nope, I'm not associated with Lazarus, just a satisfied customer. I don't have any coupon codes or referral links or anything that would benefit me or them.

Wish I could vouch for the CBD or full cannabis topical balms as enthusiastically but my experience with these indicates they mostly work because of the massaging action of rubbing 'em in. Some will sort of short circuit the pain nerves for a little while, maybe 15 minutes or so, but don't actually treat the local inflammation or pain. They just distract us for awhile.

I can't actually self-massage my worst pain area -- the muscle that runs between the base of the skull and hip, between the shoulder blade and spine. So if the CBD and other balms really worked, just applying them with a sponge on a stick would relieve the pain. But nope. It needs the massaging action of rubbing it in, which I can do with my neck and some of my injured shoulder. I'd probably get the same relief with generic baby lotion.