Old 05-25-19, 08:09 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by tomtomtom123

tomtothethird,

none of this internet talk can directly help you probably, as you just need to find the seat and or position details that work for you and your bike and your bike shorts etc etc, but I wanted to at least show you a couple of my B17 seats, and to show how I think the cut out ones tend to sag more than the solid leather ones.

I thought of this when you mentioned that it only has 1500kms on it.

here are two of my B17's, the one that has less wear on the side embossed logo probably has at least 6000km on it, a good portion of that riding in very hot riding conditions (meaning I was sweating a heck of a lot) and also was touring riding, so I was nearly always sitting (hardly any standing in other words)

the other two shots are of an older B17, a full side view and a closeup of the embossed side logo to show how it has had a fair amount more riding on it, as the worn logo can show. I'm not sure of the mileage on it, but I dunno, maybe 10,000kms? I bought it used and the logo was already worn a fair amount, but it was pretty level on the top. In the time Ive ridden it, it has become a bit more sagged, but not a great deal.

I figured I'd show you these two seats, which for me are really comfortable, and allow me to ride with little issues, WHEN they are adjusted just right. This goes back to what I think I mentioned about seat angle, as well as fore/aft position, to be very important.

so I do think the cut out models do tend to sag more, kinda makes sense, as there is less structural integrity of the top area.

and yes, how much proofide one puts on a saddle, how much it is in the rain, how heavy a rider is--all make a diff, and as Im a light rider, Im sure this is part of it.

anyway, just something for comparison.
Oh, and I too ride a C17, and it works alright, pretty good in fact, but not as comfortable as the leather ones for my skinny keester.