View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 01:19 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Well, here is where I am as of today. After getting my sit bones measurement I went on line, looking at a seat, the "chat" window opened and I asked if the seat I was looking at was the correct seat for my sit bones measurement? The person said no and told me I would need a wider seat. Went out into my garage and dug out a seat my wife found at Walmart on the clearance rack for $5.00. Measured it and it is a full inch wider than what I have been trying so I mounted it on my 3. Went out today and found out that I have been running in circles and would have continued to have bought the wrong saddles without the measurement as a good starting point. I had to adjust the tilt, front to back, and height but got it close enough to realize that I am within striking distance with this saddle and will now move forward with at least some confidence.
Bottom line, get your sit bones measured and then go from there. What a difference a little knowledge can do.
Frank.