Old 05-27-19, 04:25 AM
2bridges1bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MEversbergII
Cheers; the Crosstown looks like an overall good choice - realistically I probably don't need more than 7 speeds. Nagivator comes in a nicer color and has a rack included already, and the extra speeds might come in handy. Maybe. In my mind.

Probably the real winner is that I like the blue better, ha! It's a little odd that Montague has a number of bikes that are built around the same frame with different options yet the colors are not readily available across types. Like, I think the OD green on the Paratrooper looks better than the "Tacticool balck" on the Pro, but the features on the Pro are more appealing between the two. Pro also now has my frame size so...hm...

I had heard the disc brakes were a little tricky, but I have no real experience with disc brakes. Generally speaking it would be a rare folding on my part - I wouldn't be using it for mixed-mode commuting or anything - so that might offset the fiddlyness of it. It's more that I have a relatively small living space and would want to be able to tuck it away in the winter when, realistically, I'm not going to be riding like I used to. Otherwise, my wife and I are fine leaving our bikes just kind of in the living room.

M.
Montague’s are definitely suited to “rarely fold” situations. That said, unless you need to occasionally put the bike in a car trunk, have you considered getting some wall mounted bike racks for your place and then just getting regular bikes? You could get two decent hybrids and a stacking bike rack for a bit more than the Navigator. The foot print might even be a bit smaller but you would need some wall space. Also there would be more color options for the bikes!