View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 01:29 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
My sister did the very same thing. The Bus company even offered free rides to drivers going to work. But the bus doesn't tend to run on time that early nor does it run as often for those that get off work late. Punching in late was a whole other problem.

But maybe the most telling thing is going into a main bus yard and sitting in the cafeteria to listen to how the drivers view their customers simply adds to why people feel the way they do about buses. I used to drive her to work now and then and had coffee with the drivers before work. Opened my eyes.
I've often thought that for training new drivers, they should have them all stand at the back of the bus and not hold on as an experienced driver takes them through a slalom course. Drivers need to get a feel for what riders experience. But if they're not riders themselves, then, yeah, transit riders are just a nuisance that they have to stop for.