View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 08:03 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
Congratulations, @badger1. You've been waiting for awhile. I hope the weather cooperates this weekend.

The frame and fork seem good, and that's the most important part. I especially like the threaded BB.

Agreed on the cranks and wheels. In general, these are traditional OEM cost saver locations.

Agreed with the gearing. I spin fast and like the small jumps around the 13-19t a lot. I don't even use 11t cogs if I can, most of my bikes max out at 12t. Also prefer newer 1.5 finer levers over older 2.5 finger ones.

Also surprised at that stock weight, oddly high for crabon but nothing some money will not solve. Don't neglect OEM seatposts and handlebars, they can be quite heavy. For perspective, a high end 94 steel rigid Stumpjumper weighed the same.

From your verbal description, it seems like a nice bike and I look forward to seeing it personalized. Congratulations, again.

TLDR: Pics or it didn't happen.
Cheers, DorkDisk!

It was a long wait -- ordered at the end of September -- but there were some complicating factors not the fault at all of LBS. Consolation: the weather this spring has been awful, so not much time lost, really.

Yes, I bought the bike for the frameset (inc. FS) and fit mainly -- pretty much as I did with my '10 Sirrus Comp and indeed my still-loved '05 Giant Rainier hardtail. Pretty sure I'll follow the same pattern here: buy bike, and within a year or two I'll have replaced everything to bring it into line with my component preferences.

Pictures in due course, when I've the time.