cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by markwesti
Beautiful Schwinn Kurt , the new Newbaums's look right to me . I have Newbaum's on two of my bikes now (black and gray) .
Nice thing about the Newbaums is that the weave looks no different than Tressostar/Veloflex, or any of the classic cotton of the day. it always looks period correct for C&V.

Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
I normally like a contrast color for bar tape but matching them here just works. Very very nice Superior. Any plans for decals?
Part of me has been curious if a deep burgundy Brooks Pro would be suitable, but there's a point where the quest for matching doo-dads winds up looking like last decade's fixie.

I'm happy with the nicely toned brown Pro that it has now. Definitely an improvement over the black, large rivet Pro that was on there.

I'm not putting any decals on it. Part of it's clean look is the lack of anything but the excellent circular Paramount headbadge up front. I've considered swapping it to a Superior badge as it should have, but finding the '83 model badges in red isn't easy, isn't cheap, and it'll probably justify some money-grubbing eBay jerk to part out a Superior frameset that shouldn't be touched.

It does have a 531 sticker at the bottom of the seattube, and there's a very unusual PDG multistripe decal at the top - but it appears to be a copy of the original. I've never seen one with such pronounced outlines/strokes.

-Kurt