Old 06-06-19, 03:13 AM
nuxx 

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac SL6, Custom Carbon Flatbar, Giant XTC Composite 29er, Trek FX 7.6

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by acidfast7
Danish is hard though.
...yes - I'm sorry about that >_<

The UK is a mess, however everyone is quite friendly and bike-aware, even moreso than CPH/Germany.
I'm a little surprised at UK'ers being more "bike-aware" than people in CPH? You can't really survive CPH without being attuned to cycling, there's more bikes than people! I often work from London - where biking seemingly remains largely an extreme sport.

Getting out of the city for midsommer?
Taking a little trip with the girlfriend to Flensburg south of the German border in July... I reeeaally hope our new rack+panniers arrive in time: https://www.tailfin.cc/products/x-se...ges-by-tailfin

We're headed to a house in Lille Sverige (of all placenames!) in Hillerød.
There's some wonderful MTB trails in the two adjacent forests (Tokkekøb Hegn and Dyrehaven)... I should get back there sometime... I actually picked up a pair of Cosmic Pro wheels from a biking- enthusiast couple who live more or less exactly where you're headed - any affiliation?

There are a lot of commenters saying that it's not nirvana and it's too busy. When I first moved to Stockholm, then Copenhagen, I would have agreed. However, after a few weeks. It makes a huge amount of sense. A quick handdrop and I get on/off the cycleways and do all my shopping. It's actually super nice.

I reckon you're right it takes a bit of a mental adjustment - if you're used to being a unicorn cyclist - only sharing the road with a few select other idealists (and a whole bunch of cars)... suddenly being engulfed in an absolute ubiquity of comme-il-faut biking culture... it both challenges your identity as a cyclist ...because there's absolutely nothing "special" about that at all in that setting... there's literally more cyclists than cars in Copenhagen... and the contrast inevitably makes everything feel crowded as you suggest... but once you get accustomed to the general infrastructure... dedicated traffic lights giving cyclists head starts over cars... public bike pumps every few 100 meters and not least the unquestioned right-of-road being the socially preferred traffic compared to motorists... I think it's hard not to appreciate how much quality of life that yields - and to be fair - the bike paths here are generally nowhere nearly as congested on average as these videos indicate. I easily commute at +30kmph on my carbon flatbar straight through the city centre (including that bridge from the video).