Old 06-09-19, 01:22 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane, Bianchi Intenso, Specialized Epic Evo, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Some other stuff

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by carlos danger
the exact same way as you or i would obvioulsly.

you see a line, then try to make the line wider.. does it get wider with force? yeah, then its cracked.
maybe push your finger into the "line" and see if there is some kind of movement there.

I sometimes wonder if the whole of humanity suddenly went completely nuts.

If you were to present this "problem" to people living in the 50ies, in the US. I'm fairly certain they would have solved it in like 1 minute. just like me. carbon is no different to other frame materials when searching for suspected cracks imo.

But people are afraid of carbon. they don't want to touch the holy carbon, made by the taiwan mass production buddhas.

I'd say if anyone human can make it then anyone human can inspect and determine if its shot. easy as that. and it actually is easy as that.
Originally Posted by carlos danger
you dont need imaging equipment. you need common sense.

they had no "imaging equipment" building the first 50 nuclear/hydrogen bombs. and even if they had it would have been toast. yet they still managed to produce more efficient stuff all the time.
It is obvious you know nothing about carbon and probably less about litigation in the US...You cannot simply use common sense to inspect a carbon frame. I would assume TIHabenero, a professional in the cycling industry, knows more on the subject than most and his shop still had an issue...They are making a wise choice.

Last edited by Pizzaiolo Americano; 06-09-19 at 01:42 AM.